Student Experience Student Experience

Minimize

"I had the opportunity to attend the Finance Career Exploration Trip with the Finance & Economics Club in Fall 2015. We visited the corporate offices of Maverik, Workday, and Morgan Stanley. The trip was especially valuable to me because it gave me the opportunity to connect with some of the team members in Workday's financial operations department during the trip. While attending the career fair on campus a few weeks later, members of the Workday booth recognized me and called me over to set up an interview. I was offered an internship that lasted 12-weeks the following summer. My great experience in Workday's internship program landed me a full-time job offer on their Accounts Payable team as an Accounting Analyst. I begin working with them this January 2017. I am thrilled to be working at a company like Workday and I'm beyond grateful for those that put together the career exploration trip that led me to this career path." - Austin Smoot

"My participation in the Jon M. Huntsman School of Business' career exploration trip to NYC has been paramount to opening doors of professional opportunity. In addition to feeling inspired through exposure to an environment where the elite in my field of study are at their finest, I built a new network of connections outside of the state, developed relationships with peers and mentors, and opened my eyes to new possibilities previously unfathomed. It's surprising to me, in retrospect, how many internship opportunities opened to me that had their roots in my NYC trip. From attending a Yankees game and touring Central Park, to building connections with leaders at top investment banks and insurance companies, I benefited from a both fun and informative learning experience." -Ben Wilhelm

Fall 2016 Trip Registration Forms Fall 2016 Trip Registration Forms

Minimize

Purpose

Career exploration trips open students up to the vast opportunities available to graduates of the Huntsman School of Business. Students connect with alumni, get career advice, job search tips and enjoy an immersive workplace experience during each visit. They enable students to understand the first hand opportunities for meaningful careers. Career exploration trips are fantastic opportunities to network with and learn from dynamic alumni and friends of the university. 

These trips are designed to provide students with valuable career advice directly from professionals in the field. Visits are a great opportunity to make connections with alumni and friends of the university who could be potential mentors. 

Spring 2017 Trips

Trips are coordinated based on the opportunities within the industry/major. The trips that are currently scheduled include the following:

• Sales Trip - February 10th
  • Leadership - March 24th
  • Utah Technology - March 31st
  • Finance Trip - April 7th
  • Accounting - April 21st

Structure

Career exploration trips generally consist of 15-20 students and a couple faculty/staff members. Together they visit 3-4 businesses along the Wasatch Front. These trips showcase the career and internship opportunities that exist in the Greater Salt Lake area. Career exploration trips take place on Fridays and generally last an entire day. 

Each career exploration trip will schedule approximately an hour at each business. This allows time for the company to talk about differnt programs, internships, jobs, benefits, and allows an opportunity for students to ask questions.  

The schedule will resemble the following:

• 7:00 am  - Meet at Maverik Statdium
  • 9:00 am – Visit I
  • 10:30 am – Visit II
  • 12:00pm – Lunch (included in cost)
  • 1:30pm – Visit III
  • 3:00pm – Visit IV

Cost

Students are expected to pay $20 to participate in each trip. This money pays for lunch, transportation, coordination, and thank you gifts. The fee remains the same if you have private transportation. The $20 is non-refundable. 

Registration Form

Interested and still have questions. Please contact Christianna Miles at 435-797-5524 or christianna.miles@usu.edu.

Know that you want to go for it? Register for a Wasatch Front Career Exploration trip.

Registration Links Registration Links

Minimize

Click on a link below to register for a trip.

Sales - Feb 10th

Leadership - Mar 24th

Utah Tech - Mar 31st

Finance - Apr 7th

Accounting - Apr 21st 

Contact Christianna Miles

with questions

435-797-5524 or

christianna.miles@usu.edu

Staging Enabled