Congratulations to our 2017 Opportunity Quest Winners
OVER POWERED TRAINING - Dallan Anderson
COURSE CREDIT - Jack Baldwin & Steven Scott
LEGACY CUSTOM GLOVES - Tayson Wilson
PROJECT IRIS - Eric Alsop
What is the OQ Competition?
Opportunity Quest (OQ) is a business plan competition at USU that seeks to find the most competitive and professional executive summary and elevator pitch video for a new or existing student business. It is part of the Utah Entrepreneur Series, a series of competitions that prepare students for the state-wide entrepreneur competition, "Utah Entrepreneur Challenge" (UEC).
- The competition is open to all students (any major) at Utah State University
- Each year $8,000 in prize money is given away (1st Place = $5,000, 2nd Place = $2,000, 3rd = $1,000)
- The Top 10 finalists get exclusive access to mentors, all members from the Clark Center Founders Board
- USU winner is automatically advanced to to Top 30 of the UEC ($100K in prizes)
Why Join / Participate
The competition fosters and promotes business growth at the college and university level by giving students a chance to organize, direct, and present a business idea to a panel of judges. Opportunity Quest provides teams with an educational forum to prepare them for the competition and aid them in the creation and implementation of their business plan. By joining you will:
- Get helpful feedback in order to move forward with you business opportunity
- Attend free workshops to coach you on how to write the different aspects of an executive summary
- Receive tips and insights from other students who have participated in past competitions
- Set deadlines, motivate and push yourself to focus on building a successful business
- Build your network by meeting like-minded students and faculty
- Get the cash you need to jump start your business venture
- Gain skills and resources you need to be an entrepreneur
Rules and Registration
- Download a copy of the competition packet for official rules and guide to competition
- A new registration link will be provided for the 2018 OQ competition in August.